Information supplied here is not intended to replace advice from your doctor. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease
CBD (Cannabidiol) is considered an effective compound for a range of inflamation based health issues. CBD is derived from Cannabis or Hemp and in the UK is being considered to be regulated as food supplement.
In the UK, therapeutic cannabis is 100% legal to import and export, buy and sell. Unlike some myths that are still abound in the press, CBD is a substance with significant evidence that it can improve overall health and act against some of the major medical conditions of modern society.
There are many different health conditions that can be improved, with the active contribution of CBD. Dermatological skin conditions are prime among them, with ongoing research providing continued evidence of the impressive effectiveness of CBD when applied topically to human skin.
How Can Cannabis Oil Help Your Skin?
There are sebostatic and anti-inflammatory effects on human sebocytes, closely related to the use of CBD. Cannabinoids have also been proven to work well against psoriasis. Although further research is needed in a clinical setting, the anecdotal results available online are optimistic.
Allergic inflammation can be managed by the use of Cannabinoids, with dermatitis showing significant improvement in several cases where CBD has been used topically. Chronic conditions can also be treated effectively, with the example of chronic pruritus showcasing impressive improvement.
Last but not least, the formation of melanin by living cells can be controlled and even increased in rate through the use of CBD. There are many skin conditions that can be treated to a satisfactory extent, with the help of therapeutic Cannabis or CBD.
Introduce CBD into your life, selecting this natural form of therapy instead of adding chemicals that can cause more damage. CBD offers a multitude of benefits, including efficient treatment against some of the most persistent skin conditions. You should try out this innovative treatment, rather than settling for less effective remedies.
Applying topical cannabis creams or oils to the agitated area reduces the inflammatory response. This cuts down on the irritation and allows your skin to heal and return to normal. As a bonus, cannabis cream is not associated with the negative side effects of steroids.
CLINICAL STUDY RESOURCES:
- Cannabinoids inhibit human keratinocyte proliferation through a non-CB1/CB2 mechanism and have a potential therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis
- CBD exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes
- The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease
- Epigenetic control of skin differentiation genes by phytocannabinoids
- A novel control of human keratin expression: cannabinoid receptor 1-mediated signaling down-regulates the expression of keratins K6 and K16 in human keratinocytes in vitro and in situ
- Endocannabinoids modulate human epidermal keratinocyte proliferation and survival via the sequential engagement of cannabinoid receptor-1 and transient receptor potential vanilloid-1
- Cannabinoid 1 receptors in keratinocytes modulate proinflammatory chemokine secretion and attenuate contact allergic inflammation
- Attenuation of allergic contact dermatitis through the endocannabinoid system
- Topical cannabinoid agonists. An effective new possibility for treating chronic pruritus
- The role of cannabinoids in dermatology
- Cannabidiol upregulates melanogenesis through CB1 dependent pathway by activating p38 MAPK and p42/44 MAPK