Information supplied here is not intended to replace advice from your doctor. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease.
In the UK use of hemp that is derived from cannabis, commonly known as CBD, is used as a regulated food supplement and so available without a doctor’s prescription. Therapeutic cannabis is known as CBD derived from hemp, without the high inducing THC. This is common in most parts of Europe, and this makes it 100% legal to import, export and even sell CBD in the UK.
The abbreviations CBD stand for Cannabidiol, and it is a compound that is found in cannabis and has several therapuetic benefits. It is used as a therapy because of the fact that it does not induce a high . Many people prefer the use of non-psychoactive CBD to manage inflammation, pain, to provide relaxation, and also other conditions like Osteoporosis. So why is CBD effective therapy for Osteoporosis?
Effectiveness of CBD in Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition where the bones become brittle and fragile because of the loss of tissue which occurs due to hormonal changes in the human body, and also it is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D in the body. This condition is effectively managed if the patient is subjected to CBD. Here are some of the benefits of using CBD as a therapy for this condition.
The Use of CBD for Bone Metabolism
Metabolism in bones helps in mineralising the bones to renew them after they have been worn, out. Athletes will find tissues can become worn over time and can this leads to pain in the joints. When there is this pain, downtime is required for the tissues to remodel and be able to regenerate. This is normal metabolism. However, in some instances, the tissues don’t regenerate, and therefore the pain and damage can continue and worsen.
In a recent study, the compound CBD was studied in mice, and it was found that there is the occurrence of the skeletal endocannabinoid system, and this suggests that it has an important role in the regulation of skeletal metabolism, therefore the same in human body bone structure and function. The use of CBD has the potential to help as a therapy in the patients with a bone structure that has problems with the metabolism processes. Further, these reports represent/ demonstrate that there is potential for developing a CBD based anabolic for use against osteoporosis and also to diagnose osteoporosis polymorphisms.
Based on those findings from the study, it is concrete to say that CBD will help as a therapy if it is used in people with bone-related problems.
CLINICAL STUDY RESOURCES:
- CBD Enhances Fracture Healing and Stimulates Lysyl Hydroxylase Activity in Osteoblasts
- Cannabinoid receptors as target for treatment of osteoporosis: A tale of two therapies
- Cannabinoids and bone
- Cannabinoid receptor type 1 protects against age-related osteoporosis by regulating osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation in marrow stromal cells
- Cannabinoids and the skeleton: From marijuana to reversal of bone loss
- The endovanilloid/endocannabinoid system: A new potential target for osteoporosis therapy
- The endovanilloid/endocannabinoid system in human osteoclasts: Possible involvement in bone formation and resorption
- Endocannabinoids and the regulation of bone metabolism
- Cannabinoid receptors and the regulation of bone mass
- Peripheral cannabinoid receptor, CB2, regulates bone mass
- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids may mutually benefit both obesity and osteoporosis
- Skeletal lipidomics: Regulation of bone metabolism by fatty acid amide family